Do you ever feel trading is like throwing money into a sinkhole? Over 90% of traders lose money and are supporting the 10% (or less) who can. Many look for education or try to learn it on their own. Many fail. Few succeed.
I work for Dan Sheridan at Sheridan Options Mentoring where we teach people to trade options. It’s been a fun job and I was one of Dan’s students in 2006. I’ve learned a LOT.
I wish when I was a student, I had a place to park my cash while I was learning.
I occasionally get requests for recommendations for managed accounts so people can either have their money grow hands off, or generate some cash while they learn to do it themselves.
But where do you put your money?
I have a few acquaintances that do this kind of thing. Since I get asked this question enough, I decided to put it in a post so I can refer people to this page 🙂 (programmers are lazy eh?)
On my list, I’ve known the first four for years and the one in Australia is a friend of a close friend I’ve known for about 10-years. They are all great traders and great money managers. If you don’t want to trade yourself, you should talk to each one and make your own decision.
While I personally know each of the principles at these managed account firms, you’ll have to do your own due diligence.
Each of these firms has legitimate traders that are trading their own accounts and are taking managed clients (as far as I know).
Without further ado, here’s the list:
- Firm #1: U.S. based hedge fund. Must be an accredited investor. $100k minimum?
- Firm #2: U.S. based hedge fund
- Firm #3: Limited to 15 clients for now. Requires PM account at Interactive Brokers. The trader was written up in TASC magazine.
- Firm #4: This is for Non-U.S. clients ONLY! Based in Switzerland with a 180-year old private bank and VERY interesting account management platform. I think they specialize in trading Forex but I don’t their exact offer. $50k minimum
Contact Chris for more information
- Firm #5: Australia residents only! Pool of Forex traders with up to 13-year profitable track record. $10k minimum
I hope you found the list interesting. If you know of any similar firms, let me know and I can add it to the list (if I like it and I am confident they are of very high quality).