I was wondering what websites I’m being tracked by when I click a link and I see multiple url’s whizzing by redirecting from one to the next to the next. To answer my question, I decided to record the sequence of URLs with video and go back and slowly advance the video scrubber to see what happened.
It works great!
Here’s a short video of how it works
- Copy the url you want to track
- Make sure your browser is wide enough to see enough of each URL
- Start a video recording (sound is not needed)
- Paste the link in your web browser.
- After the links stop re-directing, stop your recording
- Review your recording and slowly go through it to see where your browser was
If you don’t want to actually set cookies etc in your browser, use a private browser window in Chrome or Firefox